Photo credit: © Tony Nandi 2012

Compass is a compelling new work produced by Sadler’s Wells Creative Learning department, Connect. It brings together an impressive creative team with a cast of over 100 dancers, including the critically acclaimed Company of Elders, students from leading dance schools and community groups from East, South, West and North London.Set to an original score composed by Hannah Peel and Donna McKevitt and accompanied by arresting visual imagery by film maker Tal Rosner, Compass shows us that although we live in one city, within that city can be many worlds, and as many routes to ‘home’ as we choose.Choreographed by some of Sadler’s Wells’ finest associate and visiting companies, including Jasmin Vardimon Company, Matthew Bourne’s New Adventures, Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui’s Eastman and Tanztheater Wuppertal Pina Bausch, this exciting performance promises to be a true reflection of the capital’s cultural diversity in its Olympic year.


Connect is the Creative Learning department for Sadler's Wells with a track record for producing innovative and imaginative projects. It aims to inspire and excite people about dance through its activities for individuals, organisations, schools and youth clubs.

Wednesday 16 May 2012

A lovely review in Stuff - The Stephen Einhorn Blog

Compass At Sadler’s Wells, 24 April

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed doing Compass because it was great Experience and i enjoyed performing.and I enjoyed the show it was good and I liked sharing ideas with other people and I enjoyed taking part it was amazing experience for me my best bit was the obsessed Chovolate by youth group it was amazing show and it made me happy and secure. I enjoyed it so much. I enjoyed taking part in Compass it made me happy.

    Posted by Bethan Kendrick

    ReplyDelete